Wednesday, March 27, 2013

White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe

Lately this cold winter spring weather has had me in the mood for some comfort food. However, comfort food usually comes with a hefty caloric/fat price. And being that both Chris and I usually dont get home during the week until after 6 we often aren't in the mood to whip up a gourmet meal. Enter White Bean Chicken Chili. This recipe is so easy, pretty healthy (until I add sour cream and cheese, but sometimes I just cant resist) and lets not forget, DELICIOUS!

What you'll need:
3 Chicken Breasts (can be frozen or thawed - doesn't matter), 2 cans white beans (I use great northern and cannellini), 1 can corn, 1 can diced tomatoes, 2 packs white chicken chili seasoning. (Sidenote: do not drain any of the canned veggies)

How you'll make it:
Now this is where it gets really tricky. You're going to dump all the ingredients, minus the chicken, into the crock pot, and stir to dissolve the seasoning. Then add your chicken breasts to the crock pot cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Shred the chicken before serving, and add any toppings you'd like - That's it!
This picture is from recipes.com because I was too hungry/lazy to snap a photo before eating
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it makes a ton, so there are plenty of leftovers!
Now that I've had my fill of cold weather comfort food, WHERE is spring?!

No comments:

Post a Comment