Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lately

Its hard to believe that its almost April, this year is already flying by! We had a great month, a busy month full of celebrations. 

First was a beautiful baby shower for my college friend Jill. The games were hilarious (including pin the egg on the sperm), the cake was delicious (of COURSE I would comment on the food) and she and baby Davis were definitely surrounded by lots of love. 
Is she not the cutest momma-to-be ever!?
Jill and Chad welcomed baby Davis Gray Neilson on March 1st. I am so so happy for the new family of three and can not wait to meet the little guy!

On March 3rd Chris and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary. We had such a wonderful day. We went to dinner at Print Works Bistro at the Proximity hotel where we had our wedding. 

 Then with the help of a wonderful friend (hey Meg!) I surprised Chris with a room there! I cant believe its already been a year since our wedding day, time flies when you're having fun (cliche I know, but SO true)! I'm a lucky girl to share my life with such a fantastic guy!
 
 Our friends were so amazing to help make our 1st anniversary one to remember!
We even returned home the next morning to an anniversary note from Parker (aka Allison)
subtle hint?
(I was then depressed for the whole following week remembering I was on my honeymoon last year at this time - if only someone would bring me drinks on demand at work)

This month we also welcomed a new furry friend to our group, meet Fenway!
   
Another dog for Parker to be a bad influence on. Maybe the puppy can teach him a thing or two. 

 I celebrated my 28th birthday. 
 
 The day started out great with bagels, flowers and balloons. I then had a low-key celebration of dinner and a movie. My how times have changed! I feel so spoiled and lucky to have such wonderful family, friends and co-workers. Looking forward to seeing what year 28 brings!

On a sadder note, this month we lost my childhood dog Lilly. She was the sweetest dog and will be deeply missed. In the words of my little brother "If I've learned anything from animated movies its that All Dogs Go To Heaven." Hope shes getting all the table food she could imagine up there!

A busy, but fun few months it has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment