Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Weekend

My parents live out of town, so it has become the new normal for me to go months without seeing them, I HATE it. So often times (although my mom would probably say not often enough) I'll call my mom on my 45 minute commute home just to catch up. This past Wednesday was no different. During our conversation I mentioned that both Chris and I had 4 days off of work for Easter weekend, she immediately invited us down to FL to stay with them. As soon as I got home I checked the weather report for the weekend and saw sunny and 80+ degrees, how could I turn that down? Chris and I then decided around Wednesday at 8pm that we would hit the road Thursday after work. 
I was so excited for our spontaneous road trip!
We packed up the doodle and began our 9.5 hour journey
Sidenote: One of my favorite things about a road trip is my excuse to eat fast food. I really wanted Sheetz for dinner (dont judge until you've tried it - although I AM weary about the 3 for $1 hotdogs), but my coworkers harrassed me about it, so I decided against it. What a disappoinment Arby's was in comparison. I should have followed my heart.

Our first day there the weather was BEAUTIFUL, especially coming from the cold weather NC has been having. We had lunch outside and then went to the polo field. We drove our golf cart, setup our seats and enjoyed cheese, crackers, a nice adult beverage, and of course the polo match. Chris and I both got a little sunburned, our poor translucent winter skin!


Our second day was just as gorgeous. We hit some golf balls (in my case, ATTEMPTED to hit some golf balls) at the driving range. We then spent the rest of the afternoon soaking up the sun and some trashy gossip magazines in my parents resort-like back yard. 

Easter Sunday we visited the craft fair at one of the town squares, hit the pool, and of COURSE we had to attend happy hour (live music and 2 for 1 drinks 365 days a year, yes please!) I'm so glad I have SOME photo documentation of the dancing that took place here. From little kids breaking it down, to senior-citizens bumping and grinding the whole evening was pure entertainment!
ma'am you're too old for this. 5 minutes later her slip fell down
 The weekend definitely went by too fast. It was such a nice getaway and I loved seeing my parents. But we are lucky that we don't have to say goodbye to FL for too long, we'll be back in May to visit Disney World! (You're never too old for Mickey, oh and "drinking around the world" in EPCOT)
Can't Wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment