Thursday, April 4, 2013

To Do List: Home Edition

We bought our home as a foreclosure, and while we were lucky in some aspects; great location, stainless steel appliances, lots of room. there were some other aspects that definitely needed to be changed. For starters, the previous owners allowed their cats to use the entire house as a litter box. The carpets were destroyed, even some of the baseboards, the smell was horrific. Also, the colors of the walls were an eyesore, think blood red sponge paint, neon orange, and pee (fitting with the smell) yellow. While we have come a very long way from those days (I promise I'll post before/after pictures eventually), there are still quite a few things on our "home to-do list." 
  • Replace floors
 When we closed on the house we tore out the carpeting right away, but left the hardwood. So now we'd like to look into replacing it. Im thinking something like this

  • spruce up patio with plants



  • Curtains for living room
Top and bottom are 2 of my options for curtain fabric - whats your favorite?
  • Replace sleeper sofa with daybed for loft
  • Finish decorating guest bath
www.westelm.com
love this idea of setting out toiletries for guests
  • Replace brass light fixtures
  • Replace brass door knobs/hinges
  • accessorize living room 
  • wreath for front door
I love the look of this

 But think I might be able to DIY a version using this tutorial: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Burlap-Wreath
  •  Have area rug professionally cleaned
anyone know where I can have it done for less than $200
Our rug USED to be this beautiful Ivory, now... not so much
These are just a few items on the top of my "to-do" list, but I'm sure as I scour my Pottery Barn and West Elm catalogs every month I'll come up with a million more. What are some of your favorite home decor trends right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment