Thursday, January 2, 2014

A little DIY and NYE

Happy Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, I know I sure did! We had a great trip to Florida to see my family over Christmas. I loved spending time with them and the weather was perfect! No white Christmas for us! Instead think palm trees, convertibles, sunshine and of course golf carts (we were at The Villages).

I made my parents a DIY wreath for Christmas and they seemed to really like it. The colors will go perfectly on their lanai or adorn their front door beautifully! I can't wait to see where they choose to put it.
Next time I'm there I need to remember to take photos of my parents house. Their home and patio is gorgeous, and the decor is magazine-worthy.

Speaking of DIY wreaths. Since we were planning on being out of town for the holidays we decided to keep our Christmas decor minimal. But I couldn't resist making a Christmas wreath (I don't want my neighbors to think I'm a total grinch).


We returned home from FL in time to spend New Years eve with some great friends.  We went to a wonderful dinner out and back to my place for dessert, champagne and to watch the ball drop. As we always do when we're together, we had a blast, and one too many ladle shots (explanation for another day)!!!



DIY NYE Banner and a goldendoodle 

 NYE Also marks the anniversary of when Chris and I started dating. This year it has been 9 years (or is it 8?)! I love him more now than I ever imagined I could!




We also got to celebrate these two who got engaged over the holiday! Congratulations Jenn and Alex!



I found this quote particularly fitting for this time of year and the resolutions that people make (and inevitably break). I haven't hammered down any resolutions as of yet, is it too late? 

This weekend we will get to celebrate Christmas with Chris' family, and I'm starting boot camp on Monday - wish me luck (and that I don't throw up or have a heart attack).

Here's to an amazing year ahead and all of the memories to be made!

No comments:

Post a Comment