Friday, January 3, 2014

Kate Jameyson

As we anxiously await the birth of our new niece Kate, I figured this would be the perfect time share some of the celebrations that I have had the honor of being a part of leading up to her arrival.

Megan (mommy-to-be) and Dan (daddy-to-be) hosted a gender reveal party in August for their close friends and family. Megan was inspired by this outdoor "baby-q" and recruited my help for the invitations and signage. 
I had so much fun helping her with the party, and Megan did such a great job with all of the details, and as always was an incredible hostess.
Everyone selected either a tutu or a tie pin as their guess for the gender. Such a cute idea. And can we talk about those desserts (of course I have to comment on that)!?
She even had a gourmet burger station! YUM!

The best part was the big reveal! Excuse the shaking camera at the end as I may have gotten a little TOO excited.
It's a GIRL!!!


Then in November, I co-hosted a couples baby shower for Meg and Dan. Megan works for a furniture company and we were lucky enough to get to use her beautiful showroom as the venue. It was the perfect location for an event honoring some wonderful parents-to-be and a sweet little girl!
One of my favorite parts was that we requested guests to bring books instead of cards and to write their sentiments inside. This way Kate's library is stocked and she will get to read notes from all the people that love her so much already!

My co-host Keena is amazingly talented and made the most gorgeous floral arrangements that we used around the party.
This table also held baby pictures of the parents along with a few photos from their maternity shoot

We played "dont say baby" clothespin game: you wear a necklace with clothespins and if you hear someone say the word "baby" you can steal their pins, at the end of the shower the person with the most clothespins wins!

The top photo is a basket of "late night" diapers where guests have the opportunity to write messages, funny or sentimental to the new parents for them to read during late night diaper changes.
Diaper cake with a wearable tutu, hair bow and baby bath items. Another favorite of mine were the monthly onesies that Kate can wear for progress photos. I found the free printable here , printed it on clear sticker paper and adhered them to onesies for each month - they turned out great!
 We also had guests guess her birthdate and weight (unfortunately the day I guessed has already passed. Womp Womp).
The tree canvas in the bottom photo was used as her guest book. People took stamps of their thumbprints as the "leaves" and signed their names. This was also used at her first shower and can now be hung in her nursery.
Me with mommy-to-be and my fabulous co-host
I loved working with Keena to shower this special soon-to-be family of three with love. I cant wait for Kate to get here and spoil her rotten! Any day now - C'mon Kate, we're ready to meet you!

1 comment:

  1. Hello I am so excited to stumble across the image from your late night diaper sign! I was even more excited to see that you had coordinating signage (font on the invite melts my heart!). Would any of these files be for sale? Planning a shower for my SIL's 3rd baby ( her other two are 8&15, so she desperately needs to stock up! Ha! Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete