Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer Garbanzo Bean Salad

I'm always on the hunt for easy and healthy lunch items to bring to the office, one can only eat so many turkey sandwiches and tossed salads. When I stumbled across this garbanzo salad recipe I knew I needed to give it a whirl. The ingredients are all so fresh (and pretty too) a perfect summer lunch for the office or even a picnic! 



Summer Garbanzo Bean Salad
original recipe found via 

2 cans garbonzo beans ( rinsed and drained )
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
1/2 red onion, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup feta cheese
1 tbsp italian seasoning
3 tbsp (give or take) lemon juice
2 tbsp (give or take) lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
4 tbsp red wine vinegar 
salt, and pepper to taste

Mix olive oil, garlic,lemon, lime, vinegar and spices, whisk until well combined, set aside.
Place rinsed beans, peppers, cucumber, onion and feta cheese in large bowl. Pour over bean salad.

Would be great served with pita bread, or add grilled chicken. 

PS- I'm taking my first Pure Barre class tonight, wish me luck and pray I make it out alive!


No comments:

Post a Comment