Friday, October 26, 2012

Pumpkin Seeds

So as promised in my pumpkin planters post  (I know, I know,  you've been on the edge of your seats waiting) - here is my recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds

I've never been one tradionally to roast pumpkin seeds, they've never been my first snack of choice, and as Chris says "they taste like you're eating seeds" (hmm I wonder why?), but when I was making my pumpkin planters, the pumpkins had TONS of seeds and so I figured I'd try my hand at roasting some up.

What you'll need: Pumpkin/seeds, seasoned salt, butter - or you can use cinnamon and sugar and butter (I made both)

Step 1: Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees, and line a baking sheet with foil

Step 2: pull all the globs of grossness out of your pumpkin, try your best to separate the seeds from rest of the mush put in a strainer and rinse


Step 3: Place seeds on paper towel and pat dry

Step 4: Melt 2 tbsp. butter - add a couple shakes of seasoned salt (or cinnamon sugar) and stir together


 Step 5: Put seeds in plastic bag and pour in butter mixture


Step 5: Shake to coat seeds


Step 6: Spread the seeds in a single layer on baking sheet - I added a few more shakes of seasoned salt (or cinnamon sugar) on top 

Step 7:  Bake for about 45 minutes (or until golden brown and delicious looking) - stir seeds around about half way through 


Step 8: Let cool for a few minutes (or as long as you can resist b/c these puppies smell GOOOOOD)!

Step 9: ENJOY!


I was addicted! And like I said, I normally don't love pumpkin seeds. Must be the butter...

Also, I'd like to thank Shannon for all her assistance with this recipe






No comments:

Post a Comment