Wednesday, October 3, 2012

This weekend was quite productive! Saturday morning we got up bright and early (not MY choice) and took my car to the shop to get  an oil change, inspection, tire rotation and alignment. After I got done throwing $100 in the trash can (I mean c'mon, is car maintenance REALLY necessary?) we headed to Lowe's and bought some flowers to spruce up our yard a little bit. Our HOA provides SOME plants, but not enough to keep our yard from looking like its been abandoned. So, we filled our cart with some fall mums and headed home. 


Despite the fact that it was raining, I put Chris to work (while I took pictures of him)


He ended up transplanting one of the bigger bushes into the middle of the yard to fill in the space a little bit and give the area a little more balance. The pop of yellow really makes a big difference, and for only $15 I think the yard looks a lot better. In just 3 days the flowers have already bloomed a lot and look even prettier!  We're not completely finished on the landscaping front, but definitely making strides towards making our house look like someone lives there. (Side note: I know NOTHING about flowers, so when these suckers die in a few days, I really won't be surprised, I'll just enjoy them for now)


While Chris was slaving away digging holes and getting rained on, I wasn't completely unproductive. I filled in our window box that used to have herbs in it with some fall colored mums


 added some flowers to our planter that housed a sad looking holly bush 

AND made a fall wreath for our front door



Things are looking better around our house slowly but surely. Although, you won't find us working in the yard this weekend, we'll be too busy stuffing our face with fried butter and funnel cakes at the Dixie Classic Fair! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment